The Conjuring (2013)

Summary
In 1971, Carolyn and Roger Perron move their family into a dilapidated Rhode Island farm house and soon strange things start happening around it with escalating nightmarish terror. In desperation, Carolyn contacts the noted paranormal investigators, Ed and Lorraine Warren, to examine the house. What the Warrens discover is a whole area steeped in a satanic haunting that is now targeting the Perron family wherever they go. To stop this evil, the Warrens will have to call upon all their skills and spiritual strength to defeat this spectral menace at its source that threatens to destroy everyone involved. 

Genre : Horror
Country : USA

Cast :
Vera Farmiga : Lorraine Warren
Patrick Wilson : Ed Warren
Lili Taylor : Carolyn Perron
Ron Livingston : Roger Perron

Director :
James Wan


My opinion

Sometimes it's better to keep the genie in the bottle.


After reading a lot about it and hearing the rave reviews, I finally sat in my cosy sofa to watch this, according to sources, extreme creepy horror and enjoy every second of it. I was very curious if this film would tickle my nerves and let a scary and eerie feeling descend all over me.
Ultimately it wasn't so ...
 

Throw together "The Exorcist", "The Changeling", "The Amityville Horror", "Poltergeist" and "Paranormal Activity", shake it well and finish it with masterly camera work, and you get this horror gem as a result. Only "Drag me to hell" also got my appreciation and I judged this one as being a decent horror film since they don't make them so well anymore recent years. Nowadays it's more teen-horror like "Twilight", paranormal nonsense like "Paranormal Activity" and crappy footage horror.
 
 
James Wan however, has the talent to make a sizzling movie using the tension and an image-building that fascinates you and makes sure you keep on watching. It's again full of cliches and situations that are used countless times in other films. And yet it's all subtly intertwined and transcends the other horror crap that I have been presented with before.
 

So, "The Conjuring" is an outstanding horror with a somewhat disappointing ending. It gave me a feeling as if it needed to be finished in a rush. Most films would still end up with an appearance in the music box. This movie is at that point masterfully,because here it doesn't happen.




The fact that this film is based on a true story (which I doubt) gives this film an extra dimension.



My rating 8 /10
Links : IMDB



The Conjuring (2013) on IMDb

Geen opmerkingen

Mogelijk gemaakt door Blogger.