Snow White and the Huntsman (2012)



Nederlands hier ...


Genre : Adventure/Fantasy
Land : USA

Cast :
Kristen Stewart : Snow White
Chris Hemsworth : The Hunter
Charlize Theron : Ravenna

Director :
Rupert Sanders

Summary
Snow White, imprisoned daughter of the late king, escapes just as the Magic Mirror declares her the source of the Evil Queen's immortality. The Queen sends her men, led by a local huntsman, to bring her back. But upon her capture, the huntsman finds he's being played and turns against the Queen's men, saving Snow White in the process. Meanwhile, Snow's childhood friend, William, learns that she is alive and sets off to save her.

My Opinion

Watching a fairy tale ... duhuh ... and in the end it was something in the nature of "The Lord of the Rings" with 7 funny, combative dwarfs. I thought it was a beautifully executed fantasy story, with a rather Gothic kind of atmosphere and with fun action scenes.



First disappointment : Kristen Stewart isn't such a great actress. The Twilight saga passed me because I hate hypes. I knew her well from Panic Room, but that's no point of reference. 

Get it on Amazon ...

A funny quote I've read on IMDB : "Kristen Stewart is like my refrigerator, no matter what I put in it (milk, soda, eggs, vegetables, meat), it is and it will always be a refrigerator. And so is she." And yes that's true: she shows almost no emotion and I'm convinced she dips her face in starch before walking onto the set.


Second disappointment : I need to see this movie once again but then with subtitles because of these dwarfs with their damn Irish / Scottish accent. It was so difficult to understand.


Anyway, I wasn't bored while watching this entertaining tale.
And I'm looking forward to the sequel!


Het verdict 6/10

Links : IMDB

Geen opmerkingen

Mogelijk gemaakt door Blogger.